Its a tradition that brides and grooms have been giving wedding favours to their guests in the form of small gifts to thank them for honoring them, as well as a memento to take home in remembrance of the occasion. It was also believed that the bride and groom and anything they touched, were lucky – so wedding favors were a way of spreading their luck.
In the past, wedding favors have been anything from a small packet of Jordan Almonds or a boxed up piece of groom’s cake to elaborate handkerchiefs embroidered with the happy couple’s initials. Candy-coated almonds, chocolates, mints, candies, miniature bottles or wine or frames, bells, candles etc are still in popular wedding favors. Handmade keepsakes, embroided handkerchiefs are still in play of favors.
While many couples fret over what to give as favors, don’t let this decision get the best of you. Take some time to think about what fits yours and your fiancé’s personalities best. Maybe the two of you are sentimental and want to give a personalized item with your names and wedding date so that guests can be reminded of your special day; or, you’re traditionalists and want to honor the age old tradition of giving tiny packages of Jordan Almonds to symbolize the bitter sweetness of your new life together; or maybe you’re the creative and want your favors to be hand-made; or maybe you want your favors to reflect your uniqueness with a favor that you’ve never seen at another wedding; are the two of you sports fans? If the couple is a sports fan then they could give personalized balls or bats.
So whether you’re sentimental, traditional, creative, unique or sporty, any item can be a memorable favor, if it’s a true reflection of the two of you and your memorable day. They are a nice personal touch when the wedding favors have a significant meaning for the bride and groom.
If you decide to make wedding favors yourself, be sure they are completed well in advance of your wedding day. And make it easy on yourself by purchasing decorative items such as personalized favor tags or other favor decorations that can simply be added to your clever idea.
Wedding Favor Ideas
There are so many options for wedding favors, that the possibilities are endless. We’ve put together a list of our favorite favor ideas to help make the sometimes daunting task of selecting a favor, easier! Remember, it’s not how much you spend on your favors, it’s how much thought and care you put into showing your guests your love and appreciation.
- Give Individually wrapped packages of wedding-themed Coffee or Personalized Tea Bags for guests to drink and savor the next morning
- Bottles of Personalized Hot Sauce
- Chinese Takeout Boxes to hold wedding-themed Fortune Cookies
- Guests can ring Silver Wedding Bells in your honor.
- Personalized Mini Hershey’s Bars
- A memorable photo of the two of you in a pretty Picture Frame
- A cluster of metallic Jordan Almonds in a favor holder such as a sheer favor bag or decorative box
- Engraved Bud Vases to commemorate your day and hold fresh flowers when your guest take them home
- Personalized boxes of Mints
- Personalized Golf Balls to save as a keepsake or shoot a hole in one!
- Candy Conversation Wedding Hearts packaged in Glassine Envelopes with a Personalized Favor Tag attached
- Having a beach wedding? Use Scalloped Shell Favor Holders to hold your favorite treat
- Rice can be lethal to birds. Instead, give your guests Designer Heart Wedding Rice in Paper Cone Favor Holders to toss on the new Mr. and Mrs.
- Personalized Ice Cream Scoop – unique as well as useful!